Thursday, August 21, 2014

Our Forty Book Challenge Has Begun!

Our Forty Book Reading Challenge has begun. We have time for reading just about every day.

During the first full week of school, the first book review was posted on our book wall at the back of the class.  I think by the end of the month, the wall will have more than 50 books on it.  We will have a small celebration when we reach the first 100 books.

Every Friday, students write about a book they have been reading and get the chance to share their thoughts with the class.  My book list is growing because so many students have book recommendations for me.  I'm in the middle of Ida B by Katherine Hannigan and I love the main character, who is just too busy getting on with her life to bother with eating anything other than the same lunch every day.

Look for a Scholastic book flyer to come home in the next few weeks.   Students may want to order some new books to read.


No comments:

Post a Comment